Friday, January 3, 2014

A moment in the sequel


Just a little TEASER of what I'm working on. This is from Embrace the Moment (Book 2 in the Shifting Series). As always, this is unedited and subject to change. 

Her breathing changes, her body begins to shake and she sniffles. Shit! She is crying. She rolls over and wraps her arms around me, and buries her head into my chest, which slowly becomes damp with tears. I rub her back, and her hair as she softly cries. I can’t take it. It’s killing me. I pull her face into my hands and use my thumbs to wipe away her tears. I kiss her forehead, “I love you, Riley.” She shakes more. I kiss her cheeks. “I love you so f*ing much, baby.” The need to hush her tears is overwhelming. I crash my lips to hers and she whimpers. Her body falls limp into the bed, within my arms. The taste of her salty tears mixes with our kiss as one of my own meets them. “I love you, baby.” I can’t stop telling her—the need to reassure her is so strong.

“I love you, Josh. I love you, so much it hurts.” She says, and I know why it hurts her, because it hurts me too.


© Copyright 2013 by Andrea Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment