Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Excerpt #1 (Something sweet)


Counting down the days until release of Embrace the Moment. I will post an excerpt every week until release day. That’s four yummy, sweet and maybe naughty excerpts for your pleasure. *wink and blows kiss*

Josh’s POV
Those very blue/green eyes snap open and lock with mine when Bloodstream comes on the radio. Emily turns it up, “I so love this song. His voice is so damn sexy.” Neither Riley nor I reply. Speech is impossible when the images of what we did to this song fill my head. Her eyes flutter and glass over. She bites her lip and her breathing changes. She is remembering it, too. I can’t breathe. I just want to touch herto feel her respond to me touching her again. She has her knees pulled up in the seat, and I trail my index finger from her knee down to the edge of her barely there shorts and back up. Her skin breaks out in goose bumps and she shivers. My eyes never leave hers. She reaches her hand up and traces my bottom lip. I harden instantly, and her eyes widen. Damn. Good thing her head is covering my lap. Bad thing is her head is in my lapnot really helping my problem here. I’m so turned on. Fuck!
So, about that backseatit’s a small confined placeand all I can smell is her jasmine and vanilla scented lotion. I’m fucked and not in the way I’m imagining in this backseat.
Luckily, Collin exits the highway and stops for gas, because I’m struggling here with her in this tight space.
I thought I’d be safe from temptation for at least a few minutes, but then she buys a fruit punch Icee, blow pops and skittles. Good grief, I’m in a lust bubble of desire. We’re standing outside of the car just talking. I’m half listening to all of her words because I’m watching her sip from her straw and then lick her lips, which are now tinted red from her drink. Opening her bag of skittles, she laughs at something Em says and for the life of me, I can’t stop thinking about how much I want to taste the rainbow. And so I do. I grab her drink and candy, passing it to Em who says, “What the...” I don’t listen. I grab Riley’s face and taste every crevice of her mouth. The fruity taste lingering all over her tongue and sending my senses into overdrive.
“Holy shit! Collin, what are we going to do with these two?” Emily asks.
I hear him laugh. “Uh, I guess move out of the way? Wait in the car? Give em’ dollar bills? Hell if I know.”
Her hands are in my hair, pulling as always. I have her pressed into the car door, my hands holding both of her cheeks in my palms. I glide my hand to the nape of her neck and into her hair as we deepen the kiss. I don’t know how long we kiss, just that I feel better once we do. I release her and step back as she lifts her hands to touch her lips. She always does that. It’s like the feeling left on them shocks her. She just stands there, dazed for a few secondsstaring at me. Collin leans out of his window. “Y’all coming, or you gonna stand out there eye and mouth-fucking all damn day?” 
© Copyright 2014 by Andrea Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment