Thursday, October 9, 2014

My One-year Pub-iversary!

THANK YOU FOR BEING EVERYTHING I HAD NO IDEA I WAS MISSING. YOU ARE AMAZING AND EVERY DAY I FEEL BLESSED TO BE ON THIS JOURNEY WITH ALL OF YOU.

I had words that begged to be released
Staying locked up left me unable to breathe
So I took their voices and gave them life
Ignoring the world, I spent all of my time
With fictional friends that needed to speak
Telling a story with highs and lows that made me weak
It had to be done and now I am whole
No longer missing that something, the story is told
But it doesn't end there because they aren't done with me
Like their puppet, they always pull on the strings
I won't complain because this is who I am
An author, a dreamer with words not lost but found


-A poem © Copyright 2014 by Andrea Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment